BLHS plans summer camps
Registration forms are now available for the 2010 Basehor-Linwood High School Summer Music Academy. There will be three camps offered this summer:
• Middle School Camp – A camp for students in grades sixth through eighth for the 2010-2011 school year. It will focus on numerous factors of becoming a better musician, and will run from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. June 7-11 with a performance on the BLHS stage at 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 11.
• Jazz Camp – A camp for students who have been involved in jazz or want to learn. Students who are/will be enrolled in a jazz ensemble at BLHS and any middle school musician who is eager to learn are available to attend this fun camp. This camp will run from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. June 14-18
• Jump-start – A camp for the future band members. Any student in any grade is eligible for this camp. Meyer Music will be available to rent instruments on the first day of camp and will have hour sessions to learn the basics of playing the instrument. This camp will run from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. June 7-11 and June 14-18.
Each camp is $30. At least 20 students are needed for middle school and jazz camps. Registration forms are available at the school or by e-mailing Ryan Kazmaier at email@example.com. Forms and payments can be returned to the school office.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education
- The Business of Growing: Basehor farm's herb production continues to expand
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas panel considers whether gays should be foster parents