Bridge work on I-435 slated for weekend
Traffic on northbound Interstate 435 will be reduced to one lane over the Kansas River in Wyandotte County for bridge repair work starting Friday evening and continuing through Saturday morning.
The lane closure will take place beginning about 6 p.m. Friday, June 4. Lanes will reopen to all traffic at noon Saturday, June 5. This work is to facilitate the repair of the expansion joints on both ends of the bridge.
The Kansas Department of Transportation said drivers should expect minor delays and are advised to use alternate routes if possible.
More like this story
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Kansas behind most states in not streaming Statehouse events
- Flash flood watch issued for Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte Counties
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- WireCo to move headquarters across border to Kansas