Old Shawnee Days coming to area this weekend
Old Shawnee Days will run Thursday through Sunday at Shawnee Town, 11501 W. 57th St., Shawnee. Admission to all activities is free.
Weekend music features both nationally recognized recording artists and local bands. Old Shawnee Days also offers roving entertainers, crafts and vendors, games and contests, a carnival and one of the largest parades in Kansas.
Topping the concert lineup this year is Starship starring Mickey Thomas, famous for hits including “We Built This City,” “Sara,” and “Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now.” Starship hits the stage at 9 p.m. Saturday. Other concerts include renowned Beatles tribute act Liverpool, which performs at 7 p.m. Thursday.
The Old Shawnee Days Parade kicks off at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Hours for the festival are 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Area students included on fall 2014 KU honor rolls
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood boys roll past Spring Hill
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books