Neighbors: Marcie Fosdick
Occupation: Substitute teacher in Leavenworth County
Family: Husband, Butch; sons, Dylan and Grant; daughter, Allison.
Place of birth: Mineola, Iowa
Q: When did you move to Leavenworth County, and what brought you here?
A: We moved here Jan. 2. My husband got transferred to Kansas City with his job.
Q: What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A: Moving to the New York City area at 21 just because I had to live there and get it out of my system.
Q: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A: To always be able to laugh at yourself and keep a good sense of humor.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: I love to meet new people, I love my family and friends, and I love to play golf.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A horse jockey, but I became too tall.
Q: What is your ideal vacation spot?
A: Any place with palm trees, sand in my toes and a happy family to share it with.
Song: “Love Shack” by the B-52’s
Food: Any kind of seafood
More like this story
- Basehor sophomore continues experience with Youth Symphony
- Mini Maestro: Edwardsville student's composition tops in competition
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Newman University gets $2 million from Fugate Enterprises
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens