Survey work to begin for eventual widening of De Soto Road
Motorists on De Soto Road in Lansing may encounter surveyors beginning Monday.
Survey work for design of improvements on De Soto Road in Lansing from Ida Street to Eisenhower Road will begin the week of June 14. Survey crews, utility locate crews, engineers and technical staff will be collecting information in the area through fall 2010. Drivers should be alert for workers and vehicles on or near the roadway.
Design work is for the eventual upgrade to a four-lane De Soto Road with dedicated turn lanes at several intersections. Bicycle and pedestrian facilities are included in the design.
For more information, contact the Lansing Public Works Department at 727- 2400.
More like this story
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop
- USD 204 receives more than expected 'extraordinary needs' funding
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas-Johnson County College offer degree program
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking