Survey work to begin for eventual widening of De Soto Road
Motorists on De Soto Road in Lansing may encounter surveyors beginning Monday.
Survey work for design of improvements on De Soto Road in Lansing from Ida Street to Eisenhower Road will begin the week of June 14. Survey crews, utility locate crews, engineers and technical staff will be collecting information in the area through fall 2010. Drivers should be alert for workers and vehicles on or near the roadway.
Design work is for the eventual upgrade to a four-lane De Soto Road with dedicated turn lanes at several intersections. Bicycle and pedestrian facilities are included in the design.
For more information, contact the Lansing Public Works Department at 727- 2400.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- PSU honors lists include 4 area students
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism