Flood warning in effect
The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties through Saturday afternoon.
Rivers being looked at for possible flooding include the Kansas River at 23rd Street and the Missouri River at Leavenworth.
At this time there are no reports of closed roads in either Wyandotte or Leavenworth counties.
Drivers are urged not to drive through flowing water as they may lose control of their vehicle. Two feet of water will carry most vehicles away.
Check back with bonnersprings.com for more weather updates.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Topeka Zoo denies claims that their elephants are lonely
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- Face to Face: Linwood library director Mike Washburn