Flood warning in effect
The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties through Saturday afternoon.
Rivers being looked at for possible flooding include the Kansas River at 23rd Street and the Missouri River at Leavenworth.
At this time there are no reports of closed roads in either Wyandotte or Leavenworth counties.
Drivers are urged not to drive through flowing water as they may lose control of their vehicle. Two feet of water will carry most vehicles away.
Check back with bonnersprings.com for more weather updates.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor council member Rae Anderson Nicholson
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Few original Brownback cabinet secretaries remain
- Planning commissioner files for Leavenworth County commission
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom