Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Douglas counties in severe thunderstorm watch
Several area counties are in a severe thunderstorm watch until 10 p.m. Wednesday.
The National Weather Service issued the watch Wednesday afternoon, as storms are expected to develop in Kansas, with severe wind and hail being the primary threats. Area counties included in the watch: Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson and Douglas counties.
In addition, the flood warning for Leavenworth County remains in effect until about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, as moderate flooding is occurring along the Missouri River at Leavenworth.
Area counties are in a heat advisory until 7 p.m. also.
More like this story
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key
- Basehor accordionist shares 'alien' instrument with grade schoolers