Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Douglas counties in severe thunderstorm watch
Several area counties are in a severe thunderstorm watch until 10 p.m. Wednesday.
The National Weather Service issued the watch Wednesday afternoon, as storms are expected to develop in Kansas, with severe wind and hail being the primary threats. Area counties included in the watch: Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson and Douglas counties.
In addition, the flood warning for Leavenworth County remains in effect until about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, as moderate flooding is occurring along the Missouri River at Leavenworth.
Area counties are in a heat advisory until 7 p.m. also.
More like this story
- Thunderstorm watch until 3 a.m. and flash flood watch until 7 a.m. for select local counties
- Severe thunderstorm watch for area counties until 10 p.m.
- Several northeast Kansas counties under severe thunderstorm watch
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight for area counties
- Leavenworth County among area counties in severe thunderstorm watch