City to have annual July 4 celebration at high school
Basehor is gearing up its Independence Day celebration. The event will begin at 5:30 p.m. July 4 at Basehor-Linwood High School. Food and the annual Moonwalk will kick off the evening, followed by the parade, during which Danny and Debbie Dearinger will serve as grand marshals.
The schedule of events this year is as follows:
• 5:30 p.m. Food and concessions
• 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Moonwalk
• 6 p.m. Parade
• 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Games and activities
• 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Live entertainment
• 8:30 p.m. Citizen of the Year Award presentation
• 9 p.m. Color guard, gun salute and national anthem
• 9:15 p.m. Fireworks display
The event is sponsored by the Basehor Chamber of Commerce, the Basehor Lions Club, the City of Basehor, and Basehor Gold PRIDE.