City encouraging residents’ completion of census forms
The City of Basehor would like to encourage residents to take 10 minutes to fill out your 2010 Census form and mail it back. The short, 10-question form will help determine how more than $400 billion per year in federal funding is distributed to tribal, state and local governments.
The data helps determine which schools receive funding for improvements, where new hospitals and roads will be built and how we are represented at all levels of government. Everyone in the United States must be counted, and census workers will visit households that do not return forms to take the count in person.
By mailing back the form, you reduce the cost of the census by reducing the number of census workers who must go door-to-door to collect data.
Learn more by visiting 2010census.gov.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food