Basehor-Linwood grad Smith on AD’s honor roll
Basehor-Linwood graduate and Kansas University football player Alex Smith has been named to the Athletics Director’s Honor Roll. Smith, a junior, and his fellow scholars were recognized during halftime of the KU-Baylor men’s basketball game on Jan. 20 at Allen Fieldhouse.
Student-athletes whose grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and were enrolled during the spring or fall 2009 semesters were eligible for the honor. During the spring semester, 218 qualified. In the fall, 275 qualified. KU student-athletes tied an all-time high for a fall term with a combined 2.99 GPA. Football reported a 2.73 team GPA, the highest for that sport since record-keeping started in 1986.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Basehor Historical Museum Society
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station