Kansas voices to compete
The 21st annual Kansas Voices statewide writing contest deadline is approaching.
The contest has two divisions for adults and youths (18 and under) and includes poetry and short story. All Kansas writers are encouraged to enter.
There is no requirement for subject matter and all entries are judged based on literary merit. Entries must be postmarked by March 15.
A total of $1,000 in prizes will be awarded with $275 going to each first-prize poem and short story in the adult division, $100 for each first-price poem and short story in the youth division and $250 for honorable mention awards.
Winners will be honored and invited to read their work at a special presentation at Winfield Arts and Humanities County on May 1 in Winfield, Kan., as part of the KANZA DAYS celebration.
Those interested can call (620) 221-2161 extension 10 or visit winfieldarts.com. .guidelines and entry forms.
More like this story
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink
- 'Dead ball' no more: homers a more frequent highlight of baseball