2010 Census to be mailed this week to residences
The 2010 Census is well under way with the U.S. Census Bureau mailing 2010 Census questionnaires to about 120 million addresses nationwide. The questionnaires will arrive this week, March 15-17. Residents are encouraged to complete the 10-question census form when it arrives and to return it in the accompanying pre-paid envelope as soon as possible.
Census Bureau research shows that for every 1 percent increase in households that respond by mail, taxpayers save about $85 million in operational costs associated with census takers going door to door to follow up with households that did not mail back the form.
The more than 120 million households that receive the 2010 Census form by mail represent about 90 percent of all residential addresses in the country. Census workers last week started hand-delivering census forms to another 9 percent of addresses in areas where many households lack traditional city-style postal addresses.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers working on plan to issue pension bonds
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club