Parents as Teachers offering spring classes for children
The USD 458 Basehor-Linwood Parents as Teachers program will be offering free music classes on Mondays, starting March 22 and running through April 26. The classes are for parents and children. The birth to 18 months class is from 6-6:30 p.m. and the 19 month to 36 months is from 6:45-7:15 p.m.
The classes will be in the music room at Glenwood Ridge Elementary, 17550 157th St.
Art classes will be from 10-11 a.m., Tuesdays, starting April 6 through April 27, at Basehor Elementary School, 15602 Leavenworth Rd. They are for children 18-36 months and their parents or guardians. The art classes focus on the process, not the product of art.
The classes are made possible by a grant from Target. The classes are open to any family living in the Basehor-Linwood School District. To enroll, e-mail Jacki Himpel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (913) 544-7160.
More like this story
- Flooding closes road near Easton in Leavenworth County
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton