Letter: Puppies saved after negligence
To the editor:
I would like to call out the people who dumped five puppies last week at 174th Street between Bonner Springs and Basehor. Because of your carelessness and selfishness, I am now trying to find homes for them. You may have thought you were doing a good thing for your animals, but all you managed to do was completely terrify those poor dogs. You left them without food, without shelter and without hope.
Imagine if your last moments in life were spent on the side of the road, starving, scared and helpless. If you didn’t have room for your children or your parents, would you just banish them to the side of the road with a death sentence?
Please stop, and take a moment to think before you dump your animals. Think about the alternatives, and think about how you would like to be treated if you ever became unwanted and unloved.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Ben Spencer
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Free teen driving program offered this weekend at Bonner Springs amphiteater
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol