YMCA to conduct indoor triathlon May 1
The Bonner Springs Family YMCA will conduct an indoor triathlon on Saturday, May 1.
The event, the first of its kind at the YMCA, will give participants an opportunity to compete against others, as well as themselves. It also is a good opportunity for those who never have done a triathlon to try it for the first time.
The triathlon will consist of a 10-minute swim, a 20-minute ride on a stationary bike and a 15-minute indoor run.
Cost is $50 for YMCA members and $75 for nonmenbers. Heats begin at 8 a.m.
Free supervised activities for children will be available for adults who are competing and free T-shirts will be given during registration. Awards will be presented to the top male and female competitors.
In addition, free weekly triathlon classes will be offered with registration at 8:30 a.m. Saturday mornings in March and April.
For more information, contact the YMCA at (913) 422-9348.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer