Lansing student at Washburn to study abroad
Washburn University student Tylor McNeill, of Lansing, will discover new international learning opportunities while studying abroad this summer.
In May, he and fellow students will travel to England and France to study the impact of sports traditions upon the cultural history of Europe. During the faculty-led trip, they will explore London’s plans to use the 2012 Olympics to transform the economically disadvantaged East End area.
McNeill is a junior and is majoring in physical education, with a concentration in sports management.
The summer study will fulfill part of his Washburn Transformational Experience graduation requirement, for which he must demonstrate excellence in scholarly and creative activity, community service, leadership or international education. The WTE provides baccalaureate students with an opportunity to make a difference to others or society through enhanced learning designed to complement traditional college studies
More like this story
- Presidential museum visit causes reflection on recent history
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Basehor-Linwood basketball honors cancer patient
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Union Pacific plans to spend $120 million on Kansas rail