Second run/walk scheduled for Basehor family
The Second Annual Jeremy Wiles Benefit Run/Walk will be at 8 a.m. Saturday, May 15, at Glenwood Ridge Elementary, 17550 157th St.
Wiles was in a car accident in March 2009 that left him paralyzed from the chest down.
Registration can be done on the day of the race, and the fees are $35 for ages 13 and up, $15 for ages 6 to 12 and $5 for ages 3 to 5.
Funds raised from the run/walk will go to the family to help with medical expenses and to the Christopher Reeves Foundation.
For more information, contact Melissa Greer at (913) 206-7136 or Leesa Cunningham at (816) 830-5501
More like this story
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Bonner's 9th annual Marble Day debuts mascot
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County