Tornado watch issued for Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties effective until midnight Thursday.
A flood advisory is also in effect for both counties until 11:30 p.m., along with a flash flood watch that will extend into Thursday morning.
According to the National Weather Service's website, expected heavy rain throughout Wednesday night and Thursday morning may produce rainfall in an excess of two inches in some areas.
Other Kansas counties included in the tornado watch are:
Other Kansas counties included in the flash flood watch are:
More like this story
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary