Tornado watch issued for Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties effective until midnight Thursday.
A flood advisory is also in effect for both counties until 11:30 p.m., along with a flash flood watch that will extend into Thursday morning.
According to the National Weather Service's website, expected heavy rain throughout Wednesday night and Thursday morning may produce rainfall in an excess of two inches in some areas.
Other Kansas counties included in the tornado watch are:
Other Kansas counties included in the flash flood watch are:
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns