VFW coming to family’s aid
The Basehor Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 11499 will have a fundraiser for a returning Army soldier from Afghanistan, stationed at Fort Lewis, Wash. Funds raised will aid his Leavenworth County family in traveling to Washington to greet him upon his return.
A spaghetti dinner will be served from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. May 14, including a silent auction, at the VFW post, 2806 N. 155th St. Cost is $7 for adults and $5 for children under 12. Individual donations are also welcome.
More like this story
- Basehor VFW to honor soldiers returning from Iraq, Afghanistan
- Basehor VFW creates new informative Web site
- Veterans support soldiers with care packages
- Basehor, Bonner VFW posts continue community outreach amid recruiting struggles and tight budgets
- Basehor Rustlers 4-H club to raise money for VFW Post with car wash Saturday