Wyandotte County volunteer opportunities
You Can Help! Great volunteer opportunities for you from the Volunteer Center at the United Way of Wyandotte County:
• Associated Youth Services needs volunteers who like to bake cakes. The youths in care need to have their birthday celebrated. Volunteer bakers can select birthdates that work best for their schedule each month. Once dates are agreed upon, volunteers will bake and decorate the cake for the assigned youth. The volunteer can deliver the cake between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. on the designated date. To volunteer your baking talents please contact Karen at (913) 831-2820,ext 218 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you have time on Friday June 11, the Downtown Shareholders want to recruit you to help with the second annual June Fest. This event is in conjunction with the Second Friday Art Walk. Volunteers can help set up from noon to 3:30 p.m., they can help during the event, 4 p.m.-9 p.m., or help with cleanup, 9 p.m.-10:30 p.m. Please contact Beth at (913) 371-0750 or at email@example.com.
• Duchesne Clinic provides services to the uninsured in our community. If you are a medical professional and would like to volunteer, Duchesne Clinic would welcome you. If you are not a medical; professional, the clinic relies on a host of other volunteers to help keep functioning well to serve those in need. Contact Gloria, the clinic manager at (913) 321-2626 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City is recruiting “bigs.” You can be a big brother, a big sister, or a big couple. You don't need any special skills — just an ability to listen and offer friendship, guidance, and encouragement to a young person growing up today. Being a “Big” is easy and fun and you can complete most of the application process online. The application process includes:
- Attending a orientation and completing application paperwork. Paperwork can be completed online.
- A written interview, which can be completed online or at our office.
- Three personal references and one employer reference (if employed).
- A background check.
- A one-to-one visit with your case manager in your home.
For more information check out bigbrothersbigsisterskc.org.
• Remember that your group can adopt a project for Day of Caring on June 5. Go to caringsoft.com to select a project.
The Volunteer Center of the United Way of Wyandotte County is working to match willing individuals with the right volunteer opportunity. Help improve your community by contributing your time, and in the process gain new skills, build your resume and meet new people. For more information on how you can volunteer please call Diane Hentges at (913) 371-3674 or e-mail her at email@example.com.