BLHS softball wins 4A state championship
Last year it was the Basehor-Linwood boys celebrating a Class 4A state championship on the basketball court.
On Saturday, it was the BLHS girls' turn to hoist a championship trophy as the Bobcats' softball team topped Mulvane, 5-2, to claim the second state championship in school history in a Kansas State High School Activities Association-sponsored activity.
BLHS entered the state tournament was a No. 2 seed with a 21-2 record, but the Bobcats cruised past Colby in the quarterfinals Friday, 3-0, before edging Paola, 6-4, in Saturday's semifinal matchup.
Mulvane squeaked past Buhler, 2-0, in the other semifinal and set up the championship showdown.
BLHS ends its season with a 24-2 record.
For a full state tournament recap, pick up this week's edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: New Year’s options and a last-minute gift guide
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- True aim: Bonner Springs couple founds archery club
- BLHS takes down Louisburg in playoff thriller