BLMS girls basketball teams win home tournament
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School seventh- and eighth-grade girls basketball teams won the BLMS Classic tournament on Tuesday, Oct. 26, and Thursday, Oct. 28.
The seventh-graders opened the tournament with a 30-16 rout of Perry-Lecompton. Madison Sibert led all scorers with 10 points; Jenna Mussett, Zoey DeLeon and Nicole Rutherford each scored 5. Chandley Easley and Ryann Smith had 2 points apiece and Morgan Payne added 1.
In the championship game, BLMS beat Pioneer Ridge, 35-15. DeLeon poured in a team-high 12 points; Mussett had 6; Madison Wheeler, Sibert and Easley each had 4; Smith scored 3; and Rutherford added 2.
The eighth-graders opened the tournament with a 45-13 victory against Perry-Lecompton. Marriah Clayton led the way with 18 points; Naqari Harris had 9; Quinn Walcott had 8; Alexis Nichols scored 5; Sarah Ford had 4; and Morgan Lawrence had 1.
BLMS defeated Pioneer Ridge in the finals, 39-28. Harris led the way with 14 points; Clayton and Ford scored 7 apiece; Madison McDowell scored 4; Nichols had 3; and Walcott and Lawrence chipped in 2 apiece.
More like this story
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Bonner's Zumba classes create fitness 'family'
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday