BLHS grad Schaake helps KCKCC to victories
Chandler Schaake, who helped lead the Basehor-Linwood boys basketball team to the 2009 state championship, helped the Kansas City Kansas Community College men’s basketball team to a 79-50 rout of North Arkansas and a 93-63 blowout of Ottawa’s junior varsity Friday and Saturday during the sixth annual Lindsey Classic.
Schaake, who is in his freshman season at KCKCC, sank four of five 3-point attempts and scored 13 points in the victory against North Arkansas.
Then, on Tuesday, Schaake scored 8 points in the Blue Devils’ 114-72 blowout of Central Methodist’s junior varsity.
Schaake and the Blue Devils next play at 3:30 p.m. Friday at Kansas Wesleyan and at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Brown Mackie.
More like this story
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas officials await word on this month's tax collections