BLMS 7th-grade squads remain undefeated
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School seventh-grade girls basketball teams opened the season with victories against Lexington Trails Middle School on Tuesday, Nov. 2.
The varsity squad earned a 31-0 shutout behind a balanced scoring attack as eight different players scored. Jenna Donnelly had a team-high 8 points, Zoey De Leon had 6, Chandley Easley and Madison Sibert each scored 4, Jenna Mussett chipped in 3 and Allie Johnson, Ryann Smith and Nicole Rutherford each added 2.
Meanwhile, the JV squad earned a 23-11 victory. Kylie Denham and Erin Heinen paced the offense with 6 points apiece, Courtney Robinson had 4, Hanna Dickey, Jordan Blackwood and Savannah Rollo each scored 2 and Miriah Mahoney chipped in 1.
The squads followed those victories with a sweep of Lansing on Thursday.
The varsity squeaked out a 26-23 victory behind a game-high 14 points from Donnelly, and the JV edged the Lions, 17-16, behind a game-high 8 points from Robinson.
Both teams improved to 3-0 for the season when they returned to action Tuesday, Nov. 8, against Tonganoxie.
The varsity squad rolled to a 32-11 victory as DeLeon scored a game-high 12 points and Rutherford added 11. The JV squad cruised to a 26-4 victory, and Robinson and Mahoney led the way with 6 points apiece.
More like this story
- Kansas: Plan to divert Missouri River water not feasible
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments