Adidas contest update: BLHS video trails by 86 votes
The video submitted by Basehor-Linwood High School senior Courtney Inlow to an online Adidas fragrance contest trailed its opponent 846 votes to 760 as of about 5:30 p.m. Friday.
Only three of the 16 videos in the contest had received 500 or more votes so far. The more than 1,600 votes cast in the matchup between BLHS and Wilmington High School of Wilmington, Ohio, had easily outpaced the seven other matchups in this round.
Inlow's video, titled "BOBCAT POWER," shows BLHS students participating in the school's strength and conditioning programs.
This final portion of the contest consists of a week-by-week single-elimination tournament decided by online voting. Voting on this round ends at 10:59 p.m. Sunday.
To vote in the contest, people can visit pulsefragrance.com and click “VOTE” at the top of the screen to be directed to the bracket, or by going to directly to pulsefragrance.com/ne1. Registration for a username on the site is required to vote. Participants can vote once per day.
The video that emerges victorious from the four-week tournament on Dec. 12 will win $15,000 for its entrant's high school.
Check back to basehorinfo.com through Sunday for updates on the online voting.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Emergency room at Topeka VA reopens