Basehor VFW leader to step down
Fred Box will resign as commander of the Basehor VFW Post 11499, effective Jan. 1, 2011, he announced Saturday at the post's community Thanksgiving dinner.
Box said he would be a VFW district commander next year, overseeing about 15 different posts. He said he was also planning to run for city council. He said he would still be involved at the Basehor post, as well.
Box said the new commander would be Bruce Adams.
“My plate's full, and it's time, after six years, to turn it over to somebody else,” Box said Saturday. “I hope you show the new commander the support you've given me.”
More like this story
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Area students included on fall 2014 KU honor rolls
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- Presidential museum visit causes reflection on recent history