Leavenworth County United Way drive ends short of 2010 goal
At the official end of the 2010 campaign, the United Way of Leavenworth County announced it had reached about 80 percent of its 2010 goal of $375,000.
A total of $300,171 is being reported based on cash, pledges and estimates for fundraisers.
“Several large employee groups have not yet reported, and efforts will be made next week to get their information to wrap up the campaign,” United Way director Derald Linn said.
He said he is looking for at least $75,000 to make the goal.
“A few companies have given more this year than last, but most totals are down from last year” Linn said. “I am hoping for a last-minute push to get us to our goal.”
He urged those who hadn’t yet given to “give” and for those who have given, to “dig a little deeper.”
To contribute to “Keep the Spirit Alive in Year 55,” this year’s theme, which commemorates United Way’s 55 years of serving Leavenworth County, send contributions to United Way of Leavenworth County, P.O. Box 21, 330 Shawnee, Leavenworth 66048. For more information, call (913) 682-2592.
The United Way of Leavenworth County is an independent, not-for-profit community service organization serving Leavenworth County residents through 19 human service and character building member agencies, assessing and addressing local needs since 1956.
More like this story
- Changes afoot for 4 Bonner businesses
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club