Remember When: Nov. 24, 2010
10 Years Ago (Nov. 23, 2000)
Mike Holloway resigned from his post as a Bonner Springs City Council member since he was moving outside the community.
The Basehor Lions Club announced plans for the Christmas lighting ceremony. The Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Area Chamber of Commerce listed plans for the annual home decorating contest.
Marva Sproules was president of the Bonner Springs Rotary Club. Carlos Cooper explained the history of Vaughn-Trent Community Services during the program.
Sara May, Bonner Springs, won the weekly football contest with Bill Hooker, Basehor, winning second place.
25 Years Ago (Nov. 28, 1985)
Construction started on a new building on Kansas Highway 32 in Edwardsville. Lloyd Forrester was moving his dental practice to the new facility.
Nell Duncan received the Ovid Snider Community Service Award in Linwood.
Don Patch and Don Fire were coaches of the Bonner Springs Youth Wrestling Club.
Senior citizens received free passes to attend Bonner Springs High School activities.
50 Years Ago (Nov. 24, 1960)
Larry Cohan, an end on the Bonner Springs football team, received all-northeast Kansas first team honors. He was also named to the all-East Kansas League team.
Keith Bray was the principal at Edwardsville Grade School. The school had an enrollment of 193 students.
Del Hininger was elected president of the Wyandotte County Fair Association. T. R. Wallace was vice president.
Seven churches were taking part in the Community Christmas Chorus. Hugh Ferguson was director of the group.
100 Years Ago (Nov. 24, 1910)
A horse owned by Rufus Parson in Basehor bolted and ran away. The buggy was overturned and destroyed, but no one was injured.
A new natural gas well was brought in on the Twist farm. Drillers reported good pressure at 425 feet.
Hotel Bonner Springs was prospering under the leadership of Mr. Mayville. The hotel was building a good reputation for serving fine meals.
John A. Stark was the new Bonner Springs postmaster.