BLHS marching band takes first at KU festival
The Basehor-Linwood High School marching band took first place in its division Saturday at the Heart of America Marching Festival at Kansas University's Memorial Stadium.
BLHS finished with a score of 61.6 from the judges, and Bonner Springs High School finished second in the division with a score of 60.2.
The grand champion of the festival was Papillion-LaVista South High School of Papillion, Neb.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut