Bonner Springs, Basehor-Linwood battle to soccer tie
Two of the top five ranked teams in Class 4-1A boys soccer squared off Wednesday night at David Jaynes Stadium, and the match lived up to the hype.
Second-ranked Bonner Springs and fifth-ranked Basehor-Linwood battled to a 3-3 tie after two overtime periods.
Conner Harrington, Shawn Jones and Jose Lopez all scored goals for BSHS, while Symon Seaton, Patrick Rutherford and Trey Kincheloe all scored for BLHS.
Bonner Springs remains undefeated this season with a 9-0-2 record. The Braves’ other tie came against Lansing, and they are the only undefeated team in the state in Class 4-1A. Meanwhile, Basehor-Linwood moved to 7-1-1. The Bobcats’ only loss was to defending state champion St. James Academy.
Bonner Springs will be back in action at 6 p.m. today at Mill Valley. Basehor-Linwood plays at 6 p.m. today at home against Lansing.
CLASS 4-1A RANKINGS (as of the start of the week):
KC Christian 6-3-1
Bonner Springs 8-0-1
Berean Academy 6-1-2
Spring Hill 10-2
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Jury to weigh death sentence for man in Jewish site killings
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Penalty phase in Jewish site shootings trial to continue
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites