City pavement repairs set to begin next week
The City Council on Tuesday awarded a contract for the $175,000 city Pavement Management Program for 2010 to Little Joe’s Asphalt. During the rest of the month, the city will restore portions of six different streets totaling about a quarter-mile in length.
The council canceled its scheduled work session for Tuesday evening because of the lack of a quorum, but it had a special meeting in the afternoon to award a bid for the pavement program, which needed to proceed in order to finish before winter.
City engineer Mitch Pleak said the program’s repairs should begin Monday.
The funding for the program is set aside in the city’s annual budget and comes from the city’s 0.5 percent sales tax.
The street sections scheduled for improvements are:
• Crestwood Drive from Walnut Street to 155th Terrace
• Elm Street/155th Terrace from 155th Street to Walnut Court
• Willow Drive from 158th Street to West 156th Terrace
• 157th Street from Willow Drive to Hickory Street
• 156th Terrace from Poplar Street to 261 feet north of Poplar Street
• The intersection of 154th Terrace and Rickel Drive.
An alternate project is a curb replacement at Pin Oak Drive and Poplar Street.
Traffic will not be stopped in any of the areas being repaired, but drivers may encounter occasional delays.