Two BLHS golfers medal at Santa Fe Trail
Two Basehor-Linwood girls golfers medaled on Tuesday, Sept. 28, at the Santa Fe Trail Invitational.
Nicole Vasquez fired a 55 and placed 14th overall, and Marissa Dove took 15th with a 56 in the 45-player field.
The duo led BLHS to a sixth-place finish in the team standings.
Gardner-Edgerton won the tournament with a 210, Silver Lake was second with 218 and Spring Hill had a 219.
BLHS shot a team score of 241.
The Bobcats were scheduled to compete Tuesday at the Gardner-Edgerton Invitational, but a scheduling mishap by GEHS forced the tournament to be delayed until Wednesday. Results were unavailable at press time.
BLHS is back in action at 1 p.m. today, Oct. 7, at the Basehor-Linwood Invitational at Falcon Lakes.
Postseason play begins Tuesday, Oct. 12, when the Bobcats compete in the Class 4A regional tournament at Village Greens Golf Course in Ozawkie. Other schools at the regional will be Santa Fe Trail, Clay Center, De Soto, Piper, Jefferson County West, Perry-Lecompton and Topeka Hayden.
More like this story
- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase
- Lawmakers question Kansas policy on tax credit information