No state medalists for BLHS golf
Two Basehor-Linwood High School girls golfers competed Monday at the Class 4A state tournament in Cheney.
Neither returned home with medals, but both performed well.
Junior Marissa Dove fired a 104 and junior Nicole Vasquez shot a 109.
Jacie Scheer of Cheney was the state champion with a 76, and Brooke LaRue of Topeka Hayden finished second with a 79. The top 20 players medaled, and 20th place was a 92.
For a full recap of state, pick up this week's edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy