KU building evacuated because of possible ammonia leak
Hazmat crews are investigating a possible ammonia leak at Kansas University's Malott Hall. The building was evacuated shortly after the report was made at about 2:20 p.m.
According to the reporting party, the spill was made in a classroom in the seven-story building and could be smelled outside the building.
The physics and chemistry departments are housed at Malott Hall, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- USD 458 Education Foundation begins 'Major Saver' fundraiser
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood High coach Ross Schwisow