Event to offer information on fingerprint technology
A DNA LifePrint Child Safety event will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, at the Bonner Springs McDonald’s, 606 S. 130th St.
This event provides parents with tools, such as a biometric fingerprint profile and a DNA identification kit.
Law enforcement officials say time is critical in the recovery of a missing child. The fingerprint technology this event brings to parents allows their child’s fingerprints to be immediately submitted into the FBI database as soon as a child is reported missing.
When the child’s fingerprints are entered into the FBI database, the fingerprints become immediately available to all law enforcement agencies throughout the United States.
For more information about the McDonald’s event, contact Patrick Manning at (785) 832-1444.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Study: Many Kansas Turnpike accident hotspots near Lawrence
- Basehor's 2016 budget calls for property tax increase
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions