Basehor, Bonner volleyball squads post 1-2 records in opening meet
The Basehor-Linwood and Bonner Springs High School volleyball teams both opened their seasons with 1-2 marks on Tuesday at the Baldwin Quadrangular.
Bonner Springs picked up its lone victory in the first match of the night when it cruised past Baldwin, 25-16, 25-19.
The Braves nearly made it a 2-0 start to the season when they squared off against rival Basehor-Linwood in the second match. BLHS needed overtime to win the first game, 29-27, but Bonner Springs bounced back with an emphatic 25-8 pounding in game two. The Bobcats regrouped in game three, however, and took a 25-13 victory that secured the match.
Eudora handed Bonner Springs a 25-15, 25-12 loss in the Braves’ other match.
Meanwhile, Basehor-Linwood didn’t fare so well against Baldwin or Eudora as the Bobcats dropped a pair of heartbreaking three-game sets.
Baldwin beat the Bobcats in three games, 22-25, 25-23, 25-21, and Eudora also won a three-game match, 20-25, 25-12, 27-25.
Basehor-Linwood next plays at 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, at Ottawa. That same day Bonner Springs returns to action at home against Immaculata and Washington.
More like this story
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers