Escaped Kansas inmate apprehended in KCMO
George Dudley, an inmate at the Larned State Hospital who escaped from custody while making a court appearance Monday at the Wyandotte County Courthouse, was apprehended Tuesday afternoon.
Authorities tracked Dudley to the Kansas City, Mo., Division of Motor Vehicles while he was attempting to register a car he had purchased .
According to the Wyandotte County District Attorney's Office, Dudley has been charged with one count of aggravated escape from custody, which is a felony. The charge is in addition to Dudley's previous charge and conviction as a sex offender.
Dudley, currently in custody in Missouri, is awaiting extradition to Kansas. He faces a maximum sentence of 23 months in prison on the escape charges.
More like this story
- Kansas Revenue Department still processing paper tax returns
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas
- Basehor fundraiser carries on tradition of support for Safe Harbor
- Kansas joins partnership to market region to film industry