Auction to raise funds for animal shelter
The Lawrence Humane Society will play host to its 16th annual Pawsible Dream Benefit Auction starting at 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 17, at the Lawrence Holiday Inn, 200 McDonald Drive.
The organization’s largest fundraising event of the year, the Pawsible Dream generates vital resources and allows the Lawrence Humane Society to continue its service in caring for the more than 7,500 lost, abandoned, abused and neglected animals that come through its doors each year.
This year’s Pawsible Dream features a silent and live auctions offering several hundred items donated by individuals and businesses. The live auction, beginning at 8 p.m., offers travel packages; signed, original artwork; KU and Chiefs football game tickets; a KU basketball signed by Bill Self, a KU football signed by Turner Gill, a Cole Aldrich-signed jersey, and much more KU memorabilia; plus dining, recreational, and luxury-day packages. Updates of live auction items will be posted to the Lawrence Humane Society Web site.
Admission is $25 per person and is available online at lawrencehumane.org, at the animal shelter, 1805 E. 19th St., or at the door the night of the event.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Lower oil, gas prices hit some Kansas county budgets hard
- Basehor chamber brings circus to town Sept. 3