Letter to the editor: Saving fifth-grade band
To the editor:
As you may recall, the Bonner Springs USD 204 elementary schools will not be offering the opportunity to learn an instrument this year.
I was wanting to gauge the support in the community of a Save the Fifth Grade Band program. I was curious if the community at large even cared about the band program in the Bonner Springs-Edwardsville School District.
I firmly disagree that elementary school students do not benefit from the exposure to learning music through band.
If you support saving the fifth grade band, please let the school board know via e-mail or letters.
More like this story
- Basehor, Bonner area students receive collegiate honors
- Bonner Springs High student, resource officer recognized by White House
- Basehor-Linwood Middle School names new principal
- Champions of Change: Bonner Springs High student, school resource officer visit White House
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development seeking applicants for 2015-16