Letter to the editor: Saving fifth-grade band
To the editor:
As you may recall, the Bonner Springs USD 204 elementary schools will not be offering the opportunity to learn an instrument this year.
I was wanting to gauge the support in the community of a Save the Fifth Grade Band program. I was curious if the community at large even cared about the band program in the Bonner Springs-Edwardsville School District.
I firmly disagree that elementary school students do not benefit from the exposure to learning music through band.
If you support saving the fifth grade band, please let the school board know via e-mail or letters.
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- Remember When for March 19, 2015