Auction to benefit humane society
The Lawrence Humane Society will play host to its 16th annual Pawsible Dream Benefit Auction starting at 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 17, at the Lawrence Holidome, 200 McDonald Drive.
The organization’s largest fundraising event of the year, the Pawsible Dream generates vital resources and allows the Lawrence Humane Society to continue its service in caring for the more than 7,500 lost, abandoned, abused and neglected animals that come through its doors each year.
This year’s Pawsible Dream features silent and live auctions offering several hundred items donated by individuals and businesses. The live auction, beginning at 8 p.m., offers travel packages; signed, original artwork; KU and Chiefs football game tickets; a KU basketball signed by Bill Self, a KU football signed by Turner Gill, a Cole Aldrich-signed jersey, and much more KU memorabilia; plus dining, recreational, and luxury-day packages.
Updates of items that will appear in the live auction will be posted to the Lawrence Humane Society Web site at lawrencehumane.org.
Admission is $25 per person and is available online at lawrencehumane.org, at the animal shelter, 1805 E. 19th St., or at the door the night of the event.
More like this story
- Mini Maestro: Edwardsville student's composition tops in competition
- KU spring honor rolls include Basehor, Bonner area students
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop
- Area students included on fall 2014 KU honor rolls
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments