District shifts school times to accommodate buses
Students at Basehor Elementary School and Basehor Intermediate School now begin class 10 minutes later than they did at the beginning of the school year.
In a letter to parents last week, district superintendent David Howard said as of Wednesday the hours at Basehor Elementary would be 8:55 a.m. to 3:55 p.m., and the hours at Basehor Intermediate would be 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Howard said the district made the change because buses had been having trouble getting students to school on time. Students will still be picked up and dropped off by the bus at the same time as before the school time change.
More like this story
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor