Letter: Mayor’s reports on health, Royals are positive news
To the editor:
While reading the Sept. 2 Chieftain, I was happy to hear Bonner Springs Mayor Clausie Smith went to a Royals baseball game, which he wrote about in his column. He also appeared in a Chieftain photo awarding the Wheelers the Marion Vaughn Community Service Award.
Smith said he has good memories of some of the Royals success in past history and still enjoys going out to a Royals game when he can. I like the Royals and noticed the Royals had won three of four games I had watched on TV recently. Smith cheered me up some with his positive Royals story and I hope the Kansas City sports scene improves in our area real soon.
Don and Vicky Wheeler won the community service award. I know Don is a dedicated employee at downtown Bonner Springs Miller’s Pharmacy and I always hope Don’s favorite sports teams such as KU, the Chiefs, Royals and Braves are always winners.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- KanCare starting ombudsman volunteer program in 3 places
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law