Tornado, flash flood watches in effect until 1 a.m. Saturday
The Kansas City metro area and much of the region continues under a tornado watch and flash flood watch through 1 a.m. Saturday.
The NWS said the tornado watch follows an area from Leavenworth to Bartlesville, Okla. A line of thunderstorms have the capability to produce large hail and damaging winds.
Scattered thunderstorms may continue locally as a cold front moving southeast out of central Kansas and Nebraska generatse clusters of thunderstorms to the west. These thunderstorms may track southeast through the entire outlook area in the evening and overnight hours. Thunderstorm activity is expected to end by daybreak Saturday. In addition to the severe threats, locally heavy rainfall will be possible through early Saturday morning, with 1 to 3 inches of rain and localized flash flooding possible.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women
- Basehor-Linwood advances to state title game
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Basehor-Linwood basketball honors cancer patient