Tornado, flash flood watches in effect until 1 a.m. Saturday
The Kansas City metro area and much of the region continues under a tornado watch and flash flood watch through 1 a.m. Saturday.
The NWS said the tornado watch follows an area from Leavenworth to Bartlesville, Okla. A line of thunderstorms have the capability to produce large hail and damaging winds.
Scattered thunderstorms may continue locally as a cold front moving southeast out of central Kansas and Nebraska generatse clusters of thunderstorms to the west. These thunderstorms may track southeast through the entire outlook area in the evening and overnight hours. Thunderstorm activity is expected to end by daybreak Saturday. In addition to the severe threats, locally heavy rainfall will be possible through early Saturday morning, with 1 to 3 inches of rain and localized flash flooding possible.
More like this story
- Free teen driving program offered this weekend at Bonner Springs amphiteater
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women
- KNEA to appeal dismissal of teacher tenure lawsuit
- Hot-air balloon festival relocates to Ag Hall grounds
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it