BLHS softball sweeps Tonganoxie
The Basehor-Linwood softball team opened up its Kaw Valley League slate Thursday in impressive fashion as the Bobcats swept rival Tonganoxie at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds.
BLHS won the opener, 3-1, and then earned a five-inning 14-4 victory in the nightcap.
Pitcher Brooke Redmond was dominant in game one. She allowed just one hit — a solo home run by Tonganoxie's Kaitlyn Wolken, and received enough offensive support from the Bobcats' bats to secure the victory.
If Redmond wasn't striking out batters, she was forcing them into ground outs back to the mound or to shortstop.
With the exception of Wolken's fourth-inning blast, the Bobcats weren't threatened in the opener.
Redmond allowed seven hits in game two, but BLHS collected so many of its own that the Bobcats made quick work of the Chieftains.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Shooting at Overland Park duplex kills woman, wounds girl