Schools foundation breakfast to be mid-month
Lansing Educational Foundation’s 7th Annual Honor Awards Breakfast will be 7 a.m. Friday, April 15, at the Lansing Elementary Gymnasium.
Devin Henderson, magician, motivator and mentalist, will be the keynote speaker.
The foundation sponsors the annual breakfast to honor students and teachers for exemplary accomplishments in the previous year. Funds raised at this event are used to support the many projects of the foundation.
Guest speakers are invited to promote diligence in learning and citizenship. Previous speakers included former Kansas Gov, Kathleen Sebelius and former NBA player Wayne Simien Jr.
June’s Cottage is catering the event.
Those wanting to attend are asked to RSVP to 727-1100.
For more information, contact the foundation’s director, Mary Alice Schroeger at 727-1100.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests