Bonner Springs golfers 7th at Jaguar Invitational
Basehor-Linwood takes 12th
Bonner Springs continues to find itself right in the mix at golf tournaments.
The Braves took seventh Wednesday at the Jaguar Invitational at Prairie Highlands Golf Course, losing out on a fifth-player tiebreaker after earning a tie for sixth with De Soto.
Blue Valley Southwest won the 14-team tournament with a 305, Olathe East was second with 312, Piper placed third with 315 and St. Thomas Aquinas was fourth with 322.
BSHS shot a 334 and Basehor-Linwood, which placed 12th, had a 390.
Southwest's Travis Mays was the individual champion with a 68. Bonner Springs' Logan Opat nabbed medalist honors when he placed 12th with a 77.
The Braves' Jonathan Price narrowly missed medaling with a 79, Marc McClain shot an 81, Jason VanMaren had a 97 and Jacob Laing had a 106.
Basehor-Linwood was led by Gabe Vlasic who shot an 84. Also for BLHS, Caleb Johnson had a 100, Alec Otting and Bret Fritz both shot 103 and Neal Dickinson shot a 109.
Both BSHS and BLHS will be back in action Thursday at the Gardner-Edgerton Blazer Invitational.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda
- Kansas House passes budget requiring higher taxes to balance
- Kansas lawmakers to resume talks over proposed tax increases