Vlasic shines for Bobcats at Blazer Invitational
The talent pool was deep Thursday at the Gardner-Edgerton Blazer Invitational, but Basehor-Linwood's Gabe Vlasic held his own.
Vlasic, the Bobcats' number one golfer, fired a 40 on the front nine and a 42 on the back nine for a round of 82, good enough to place 13th individually.
As a team, BLHS fired a 361 and placed ninth. Ottawa won the team title with 322, Piper was second at 332 and Spring Hill finished third with 337. Bonner Springs was a close fourth at 339.
Ottawa's Clinton Moore was the individual champion with a 76, three strokes ahead of the next best performers.
Also for Basehor-Linwood, Alec Otting shot 90, Bret Fritz had a 91, Caleb Johnson shot 98, Brady Blackwood had a 105 and Neal Dickinson had a 107.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan