New Linwood mayor elected on write-in votes
Keith Schelert will be the next mayor of Linwood after receiving 19 write-in votes in last week's city election.
No candidates had filed for the mayoral election. Schelert has accepted the position and will take office Monday, Linwood City Clerk Karen Kane said.
Brandon Welch and Leanne Mathews will take the two Linwood City Council seats that were up for election. Welch appeared on the ballot and received 36 votes. Mathews, the outgoing mayor, received 15 write-in votes and has accepted the council seat, Kane said.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement