Basehor grad Chrisman honored by USM
Michelle Chrisman, a junior on the University of St. Mary women’s basketball team and a graduate of Basehor-Linwood High School, was one of three USM basketball players recognized by the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for their efforts on and off the court during the 2010-11 season.
Men’s player Brandon Coleman of Kansas City, Mo., was named as an honorable mention NAIA Division II All-American.
From the women’s team, Lauren Ceccucci from Flower Mound, Texas, and Chrisman were named as 2010-11 Daktronics-NAIA Scholar Athletes. To be considered, nominees must be in at least their junior year academically and have at least a 3.5 grade-point average.
“Michelle is a great student-athlete and very deserving of this honor,” USM coach Mike Basler said. “She balances both academics and basketball and is successful at the highest levels in both.”
More like this story
- The Business of Growing: Basehor farm's herb production continues to expand
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs business owner Val Barth
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future
- Insect researcher: Drones will help feed growing population
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million