STP 400 at Kansas Speedway to be newest NASCAR race in KC
Kansas Speedway on Wednesday announced that STP Brands will sponsor the June 5 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Kansas Speedway after signing a multi-year deal.
The race, which is the first of two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway, will be known as the STP 400 at Kansas Speedway.
Single-race tickets for the STP 400 at Kansas Speedway, as well as all events on the 2011 Kansas Speedway schedule, are currently on sale online at kansasspeedway.com.
"STP Brands has been a part of racing and specifically NASCAR racing for over 40 years," Kansas Speedway President Patrick Warren said. "I'm excited to welcome STP to Kansas Speedway as the entitlement partner of our June NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and I look forward to working with them."
In addition to the title sponsorship at the Kansas Speedway, STP also will sponsor the NASCAR Nationwide Series race June 4 at Chicagoland Speedway, as well as at five other facilities.
More like this story
- International tragedy led to lasting local legacy for Boy Scouts
- Kansas City Connection: Newer venues to get your KC music fix
- Death knell is sounding for the phone book
- Online comments exemplify need for common courtesy, respect
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life